Come celebrate BCS’s 40th Anniversary!! Let’s gather for a reunion of families and friendships on Saturday, March 14, at Sierramont’s Multipurpose Room. There will be great entertainment, recognition of teachers, special gift for all youth attending, many raffle door prizes, and of course singing of Happy 40th BCS with delicious cake!
1:00 – 1:30 pm ~~Come view the artwork of our very talented BCS student artists from our recent Academic Competition as well as the entries and winners of our BCS 40th Anniversary Art Competition.
1:30 – 4:00 pm ~~ Spectacular entertainment that will surely bring joy and smiles. Many will go home with a gift from our many door prizes!!
, there will be additional pages in yearbook for picture of siblings attend BCS class. Please send your picture and information to BCS Yearbook <email@example.com
> if you are interested.
HSIC seminar, there will be one seminar about BCS HSIC classes in Piedmont Library this Saturday at 9:15am. In this workshop, HSIC core team will provide information about HSIC classes and its objective. Also helping parents to understand the adjustment from middle to high school. All questions and comment are welcome.
During the holiday, you may shop at smile.amazon.com
to generate AmazonSmile donations for BCS.
Week 21 03/07/2020
Language Classes Culture Classes
Morrill M2  CFL1B  L1 (Mental Arithmetic 珠心算) 
Sierramont M3  CFL4  S11 (Badminton 羽毛球) 
Piedmont C12/C11  M11  MS 
Note: [number] = number of parent patrol for each campus.
Campus patrols must be at least 18 years old
Duty time: 8:45AM – 11:45AM (Language classes) / 11:40AM-12:55PM(Culture classes)
Room Parents, not the class representative, need to turn in the classroom checklist when the class is over, not during the class session.
It is imperative that Room Parents should arrive at the classroom early to assist teachers in maintaining classroom order and ensuring student safety.
No eating or drinking is allowed in the classroom at any time.
Restore classroom condition after class. No mix and match on chairs and tables.
Avoid using apparatus within the classroom.
BCS is highly aware of the outbreak of the Coronavirus in Wuhan China. The situation is still developing and we will continue to monitor and pass on any new information. We asked that everyone take a common sense approach and keep your child at home if they are sick.
March 3, 2020
Dear Berryessa community,
We would like to provide you with an update on the Coronavirus issue, now being referred to as COVID-19.
Please know that it is our top priority as a school district to keep our students and staff healthy and safe. We are working very closely with the Santa Clara County Public Health Department and the Santa Clara County Office of Education to stay on top of this issue which is constantly evolving. On March 2, 2020, a county-wide meeting was held for superintendents to provide the latest information regarding the Coronavirus.
At this time, the general guidance that is being received is focused on better hygiene to prevent the spreading of disease. Additionally, individuals who are ill should stay at home. Currently, we will not require a doctor’s note if you need to stay home due to illness.
Please note that at this time the Santa Clara County Public Health Department has not directed any school sites in our county to be closed. This determination would be made at the direction of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department. All schools in California are required to have Emergency Safety Plans that address emergency situations (including pandemic flu) and articulate protocols and roles of staff. Our District leadership team is diligently preparing for any emergencies that may occur in the future.
From a school district operations perspective, we are taking several measures to address the current situation:
- Our facilities team is making sure we have sufficient supplies of anti-bacterial soap, hand sanitizer, tissues, etc.
- We are also implementing fog disinfectant cleaning procedures in large common areas.
- We are working closely with our custodial staff to enhance cleaning procedures and are providing on-going training to help improve awareness.
- Additionally, we are working to educate our students about proper hygiene and how to prevent the spreading of disease. Please reinforce the importance of handwashing and hygiene at home.
- Given the growth of the virus, any families traveling internationally, please contact the District Office for clarification regarding their return to school. We will work with the Santa Clara County Public Health Department for guidance.
We would like you to know that we understand your concerns and that you have our commitment to make the best decisions we can to keep our students, families and staff safe. As this situation evolves, we will update you on any changes in school polices or operations immediately.
Here is a link
to the Santa Clara County Public Health Department for the latest information.
Our District has created an information page
on our website with all of the most important links and resources for your reference. Please note that translated materials will be available there soon.
Thank you for your collaboration and support.
Dr. Roxane Fuentes
Please note that there is important new information for your review:
1. If you have students or staff who have been in Hubei province within the last 14 days, please ask them to immediately return home and call the public health department during regular business hours (408-885-3980, M-F 8-5) so that we can provide guidance on monitoring themselves carefully for symptoms for the 14 days since their last day in China.
a. Family members of travelers who visited Hubei province within the last 14 days do not need to quarantine at home, but they should also monitor for symptoms and avoid attending large gatherings.
2. Students or staff who have been to other areas of mainland China (this excludes Hong Kong) within the last 14 days should also not come to school. They should monitor themselves for symptoms for the 14 days since their last day in China. Per federal guidance being released today, they should also call the public health department during regular business hours (408- 885-3980,
M-F 8-5) for further guidance.
In either case, if they become symptomatic within 14 days since their last day in China with fever (including chills or night sweats), cough, or shortness of breath, they should call a healthcare provider and let them know their travel history and symptoms.
暑假是讓學生體驗文化, 學習應用語言的最好時機, 為了達此目的, 聯合會每年都會精心安排夏令營, 提供中文學校的學生們有一個延伸學習的機會, 兼以歡度暑假。今年的夏令營，除了延續以往吃喝玩樂地學習中華文化之外, 我們特別推出 6 – 8 年級的主題式文化簡報教學課程, 讓中學生從體驗文化的實做中, 利用口語表達出他們對文化的看法，展現 『體驗文化，展現文話』的成果。有關
舉辦日期：僅有一梯次 June 15 ~ June 19, 2020
地點：金山灣區華僑文教服務中心 (100 S. Milpitas Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035)
招生(Who)： 按年齡分班,2020年9月將升1-5年級的學童為小學組，6-8 年級的學生為中學組。
費用(Fee): 3/31日以前完成報名者僅收小學組 $270.00 & 中學組 $300 (非會員學校學生: 小學組 $310.00, 中學組 $350)
報名截止日: 5/26日 (sign up by 5/26)
夏令營傳單 小學組 中學組
報名表件備齊後，郵寄至金山灣區文教服務中心，地址：100 South Milpitas Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035。電話:(408) 747-0394 ext.117，林小姐。
Overseas Community Affairs Council, Republic of China (Taiwan)
2020-2021 Formosa Association of Student Cultural Ambassadors (FASCA) in San Francisco Training Program
Applications Are Now Open!!
Training Date: June11-14, 2020
Training Location:Culture Center in Milpitas (100 S. Milpitas Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035)
Training Students: Applicants must be in 8th gradeor above at the time of application, quota 60 upon full.
Training Purpose:To help students develop leadership skills, learn how to coordinate with others as a team, and participate in community service.
Training Achievements:Students who completed from the FASCA Training Program are eligible to be a member of the Formosa Association of Student Cultural Ambassadors (FASCA). FASCA members will be able to participate in the cultural activities hosted around the communities in the following years. Students who serviceover 100 hours are qualified to apply for “The Presidential Volunteer Service Award”.
Registration Details:Go to the link below https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BwX7RzYahc5pe_Orh_aAgHWO20v8svGw/view?usp=sharing
Ahead of us >>
1. 03/07 – Board Meeting (M)
2. 03/14 – Returning student packets due / Sibling registration / Spring Performance
3. 03/21 – Open enrollment seminar (M)
4. 03/28 – Open enrollment (M)
5. 04/04 – Board meeting / placement test (S)
6. 05/02 – Board meeting (P) / general meeting / election
7. 05/09 – New parent orientation (M)
8. 05/16 – Graduation ceremony (P)
9. 05/17 – Teacher banquet
10. 05/30 – Last day of school
With Kind Regards,
Berryessa Chinese School
voice mail: (408)5200-BCS(408-520-0227)
District Update 03-03-20 English
District Update 2-27-20 Chinese
SCCOE COVID-19 FAQs (002)