Dear BCS Parents, Teachers and Staff,
I hope you are all healthy and well at home practicing social distancing.
Due to the extension of BUSD schools closure until May 1, 2020, BCS will continue to be closed. Our tentative return date will be May 9th.
Meanwhile through the tireless effort of our teachers and staff, BCS has successfully transition of our language classes to online classes with over 80% attendance. I like to take this opportunity to thanks all of our teachers who had to adapt and innovate so quickly in order to meet this new challenge, they are dedicated to continue our student’s education even in this difficult time.
I am grateful to have so many talented staff members especially our Language Deans, Asst. Deans and parent helpers who worked together to get our students online so quickly. I especially want to thank BCS IT William Hui and ANCCS IT Adam Cho (former BCS parent) for using their expertise in getting ready our online tools and ANCCS President Sandra Su for her help in providing so many training classes for our teachers.
BCS schedule changes:
- BCS 40th Anniversary Celebration – postponed until fall semester 2020.
- Returning Student package – if you have not returned your registration package, please contact your class rep. Registration package must be send back to class rep by April 3rd 2020, please do not mail to school. Class rep, you will need to submit package info to registration team by April 11th 2020, you will be contacted by registration team on the new procedures.
- Sibling registration – please download the editable pdf form from our registration page and send a copy of the registration form along with tuition payment to your class rep.
- Placement Test for internal/external students – postponed until August 2020. Please sign up on our registration form page via the online form.
- Open Enrollment Seminar – this will be an online seminar on April 18, 9:30am via Zoom meeting. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Link will provided on our web page. Open Enrollment will start at the end of seminar.
- Graduation – due to concerns about large group gathering, for this year only BCS will have graduation ceremony held in each graduating class.
- Teacher banquet – also due to concerns about large group gathering, for this year only BCS will cancel this event.
- New Parent Orientation — TBD.
- Year book – there may be delay in distribution, please stay tuned for updates. Please submit any Ad if you like to advertise in our yearbook. Also submit any essay about “BCS and I” if you are interested.
Thank you for your understanding and continuous support for BCS, stay healthy and we will see you back in class once school reopens.
–Andrew (BCS Principal 2019-20)