This year we are celebrating BCS 40th Anniversary. BCS Spring Performance (SP) and Spring Performance Poster Contest will become parts of 40th anniversary celebration. The contest is currently extend due on Feb-29-2020. The SP will be held on Saturday, Mar 14, 2020 at the Multi-Purpose Room of Sierramont Middle School. If you and your class are interested in any of two events, Poster Contest and Spring Performance, please submit the following application form (English and Mandarin) to any BCS offices. Please refer to the attached file for details.
Every class is required to submit 2 pages for BCS 40th anniversary yearbook. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions. The submission due by Feb/15/2020.
2020-2021 student returning package will be delivered to each class this Saturday ( Feb/15/2020 ). All class representatives are required to meet with BCS registration staff in each campus at 9:30am to understand the procedure to handle the form. The package will be given away during the meeting.
Morrill – BCS office
Sierramont & Piedmont – Library
Vote YES on U to support outstanding Berryessa Union School District schools and ensure local students receive a high-quality education in safe and up-to-date classrooms. Click here for the details about Measure U
During the holiday, you may shop at smile.amazon.com
to generate AmazonSmile donations for BCS.
BCS is highly aware of the outbreak of the Coronavirus in Wuhan China. The situation is still developing and we will continue to monitor and pass on any new information. We asked that everyone take a common sense approach and keep your child at home if they are sick.
Please note that there is important new information for your review:
1. If you have students or staff who have been in Hubei province within the last 14 days, please ask them to immediately return home and call the public health department during regular business hours (408-885-3980, M-F 8-5) so that we can provide guidance on monitoring themselves carefully for symptoms for the 14 days since their last day in China.
a. Family members of travelers who visited Hubei province within the last 14 days do not need to quarantine at home, but they should also monitor for symptoms and avoid attending large gatherings.
2. Students or staff who have been to other areas of mainland China (this excludes Hong Kong) within the last 14 days should also not come to school. They should monitor themselves for symptoms for the 14 days since their last day in China. Per federal guidance being released today, they should also call the public health department during regular business hours (408- 885-3980,
M-F 8-5) for further guidance.
In either case, if they become symptomatic within 14 days since their last day in China with fever (including chills or night sweats), cough, or shortness of breath, they should call a healthcare provider and let them know their travel history and symptoms.
Week 19 02/15/2020
Language Classes Culture Classes
Morrill CK2  CFL2  L10 (Cartoon Drawing 漫畫) 
Sierramont M5  CFL5A  MC 
Piedmont M8  HSIC1  HSIC1 
Note: [number] = number of parent patrol for each campus.
Campus patrols must be at least 18 years old
Duty time: 8:45AM – 11:45AM (Language classes) / 11:40AM-12:55PM(Culture classes)
Room Parents, not the class representative, need to turn in the classroom checklist when the class is over, not during the class session.
It is imperative that Room Parents should arrive at the classroom early to assist teachers in maintaining classroom order and ensuring student safety.
No eating or drinking is allowed in the classroom at any time.
Restore classroom condition after class. No mix and match on chairs and tables.
Avoid using apparatus within the classroom.
There are several other ways you can contribute towards the success of this March 3, 2020 ballot measure. Here are a few:
1. You can donate! We are attempting to raise $100,000 for this campaign effort to provide $98 million to support Berryessa schools and students for the next 8-10 years. All donations (checks only) can be sent here:
Outstanding Berryessa Schools – YES on U
PO box 32818 San Jose, CA 95135
(Contributions are not tax deductible.)
2. You can post a lawn sign! If you live in Berryessa, please take a lawn sign and more for neighbors and friends. Please let me know how many you would like.
3. Please walk with us! There will be two precinct walks to help spread the word to vote “Yes on U.” They will take place on Saturday, Feb. 8th from 8:30 am – 11:30 am (meet at Berryessa Community Center) and on Saturday, Feb. 29th from 8:30 am – 11:30 am ( meet at Cataldi Park). We ask you pick one Saturday, and also bring 2 – 4 volunteers with you if you can. We are hoping to have about 50 volunteers per event. Talking points and brochures will be provided.
Ahead of us >>
1. 02/15 – Parent rep meeting ( returning student packets )
2. 03/07 – Board Meeting (M)
3. 03/14 – Returning student packets due / Sibling registration / Spring Performance
4. 03/21 – Open enrollment seminar (M)
5. 03/28 – Open enrollment (M)
6. 04/04 – Board meeting / placement test (S)
7. 05/02 – Board meeting (P) / general meeting / election
8. 05/09 – New parent orientation (M)
9. 05/16 – Graduation ceremony (P)
10. 05/17 – Teacher banquet
11. 05/30 – Last day of school
With Kind Regards,
Berryessa Chinese School
voice mail: (408)5200-BCS(408-520-0227)
2019 – 2020 Spring Performance Form 20200204